In a previous comment, I mentionned that a fondue where you dunk potatoes instead of bread is called a raclette. I was wrong.
Apparently that's still a fondue, just with potatoes instead of bread. No other special name for it.
A raclette machine however, may be the contraption that W was refering to in a comment in the same thread.
Imagine a grill. Under the grill is a heating element. Under the heating element is a tray that you can put little spatula/spoons on. On the grill you put pasta, potatoes, veggies, meat and anything else to keep warm (directly on the grill or in pots to put on the grill). In the spatula/spoons you put a slab of cheese. The cheese melts in the spatula/spoon, you remove the spatula/spoon and pour the melted cheese onto the food that you have put onto your plate from the grill.
This is raclette. (Which I experienced this past friday night)
2 comments:
yup
yeah I just checked with the dude, raclette machine, that's what he was talking about. So the food "experience" is called raclette (like how the food "experience" of dunking stuff into a fondue pot is called fondue).
W
Re: yup
yeah. Raclette is the action, or the "experience" I guess.
Post a Comment