Sunday, October 31, 2004

Red Bull

Red Bull is an "energy drink" that is not sold in Canada. I believe it's actually illegal. My only exposure to it before coming to Europe was hearing that some pop stars from the States take it on the road with them and love the stuff.
Red Bull is very accessible here. I finally tried drinking the stuff last night. It's very medicinal tasting. Cough syrup-esque.
My favorite is the fact that on the can there is a warning that states that Red Bull must not be mixed with alcohol. Good thing that Vodka-Red Bull is one of the most popular drinks in the area.
I don't know how much of an effect it had on me. I felt pretty awake all night, but I also didn't wake up that day until 11:30am. I didn't necessarily feel more hyper or anything, but maybe I was and just couldn't tell.
It was ok though...I'd drink the stuff again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's pretty expensive. I'm pretty sure too that it's illegal here but you can find random stores that sell it. Like the yuppie/gourmet/Italian foods store in Waterloo sells it.

my boss really likes the stuff. Once when I went to Boston she asked me to bring some back. It was like US$2 each. What the crap.

how much is it over there cronch? I didn't try any when I bought it in Boston. I guess I should have.